The printed version of the tract has been translated into over twenty languages with more on the way. I’d love to help get a version into your language! Below is all the information you need to get the ball rolling.
NOTE: The animated version has also been translated into several languages by Living Waters. They are handling translations of the animated tract as a separate project. Please contact them for more info.
How A Cartoon Translation Gets Made
Step 2: Editing. To ensure the greatest possible accuracy, if possible your translation will then be reviewed by fluent language speakers. If necessary revisions/changes will be discussed with you.
Step 3: Modifying the art. Since the length of each sentence will change from one language to another, each word balloon and text box in the cartoon must be re-sized to make sure the translated text fits. If requested, other minor changes to the art may also be made (changing skin color, etc.)
Step 4: Final Approval. The translated cartoon will be sent back to you to be reviewed for typos and other errors.
Step 5: Completion. Once everything is approved the files will be uploaded and you’ll be notified that everything is complete! The tract will be added to the list of available languages as a free download available to all.
A Plea For Patience
This is a 100% volunteer ministry that I work on in my spare time. The good news is that this tract is very popular. The bad news that each translation takes time to complete and there’s currently a backlog of translations. Also, due to circumstances in my personal life I’m only able to work on the translations for a few hours each month. I very much want to help get the tract into your language but it’s going to take me a while to get caught up. Please send me your translated text anyway and I’ll get to it asap.
OK, How Do I Get Started?
Download this text file containing the English text. Please use this as your template for creating your translation and then send it back to me when you are finished. Remember to please adhere to these guidelines:
If these rules are not followed the translation will not be accepted.
1. Space is extremely limited. Please be as concise as possible (without sounding stilted or awkward).
2. Use all-caps. Cartoon text reads better in all-caps. If you type in lower-case I need to retype everything in all-caps which only slows things down more.
3. Indicate any bold or italicized text in your translation if appropriate.
4. If you are using a non-western font you must provide a link where I can download and install the appropriate font in Macintosh format.
5. If your language is spoken primarily by a non-caucasian culture please let me know. I may be able to change Mr. Nice Guy’s hair and skin color accordingly.
Thanks very much for your help! If you have any questions please feel free contact me. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.